Spicy, sweet, coconut-y. Enough said.
A good green curry has some kick to it and a little sweetness too. The habanero and coconut elements in this recipe bring both. To level up even more, we also added some Dr. Vim’s adaptogens making this curry a superfood. The very best part of this recipe, though? It only takes one pot and 15 minutes to prepare. WINNING.
Makes 6 servings
Ingredients for Habanero Coconut Green Curry
- 1 cup diced broccoli
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup chopped purple onion
- 1 cup diced red potatoes
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- ⅓ cup minced garlic
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- ½ cup paprika
- ¼ cup sea salt
- ½ cup curry powder
- Habanero chili paste to taste (add more or less for desired spice level)
- ⅓ cup coconut yogurt
- ⅔ cup coconut oil
- 4 cups vanilla flavored coconut milk
- 1/2 tbsp of Dr. Vim’s Athletic Blend Adaptogens (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp of Dr. Vim’s Immunity Blend Adaptogens (optional)
- 1/3 tbsp of Dr. Vim’s Brain Blend Adaptogens (optional)
Directions for Habanero Coconut Green Curry
- Set a skillet on medium heat, and once hot, add coconut oil, onions, garlic and carrots. Sauté until the onion becomes slightly translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add broccoli and potatoes and sauté until they begin to soften slightly, about 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add the cilantro, crushed red pepper, turmeric, paprika, sea salt, curry powder, habanero chili paste, coconut yogurt and coconut milk. Add the adaptogens of your choice in this step as well (optional). Mix the veggies and seasoning thoroughly, then cover and let simmer on low for 10-15 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Serve your habanero green curry with white jasmine rice.